I don’t seem to post here very often, so I might as well post an update for what has been going on in my (professional) life:
- I am now officially a Game Designer at Beeline Interactive Canada. So far, my job hasn’t transformed completely, but I am taking a more active role in the design process, as well as owning the design input I always had at the micro-level.
- I’m taking the Comic Script Writing by Correspondence Program via Humber College. Comedy has always been something I’ve been interested in, and it plays a large role in my video game writing. I’m very excited about it. David Flaherty, the instructor I’m working with was, ironically, a writer for the TV show adaptation of Maniac Mansion. (Which is easily my favourite game of all time, and likely the game that inspired me to write for games later in life)
- I’m now the Treasurer for the Rower’s Pub Reading Series, which is a poetry/fiction reading series that runs the first Monday of every month (October to June) in Toronto, at the Victory Cafe.
- On August 7th of this year, I did a repeat performance of last year’s poetry reading, at the same place and time.
- I just got back from volunteering at the Shelter Valley Folk Festival, and as usual, it was inspiring and exhilarating.